Strategies for Phasing Out Performance Appraisals HR Workshop
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Time: 8:30am - 5pm
Location: Framingham, MA
The workplace has changed to be more collaborative, social and fast moving. It's time for performance management to change too. By now, we know that our past efforts to redesign standard elements such as forms, ratings, competencies is no longer the answer.
This session get you thinking about a fresh approach that works smarter and insures performance alignment conversations happen between managers and employees. An approach that delivers on the promise of improving employee performance.
This hands-on workshop is designed for HR professionals looking for proven strategies to influence change in their organizations and tools they can use to effect a PM system that enables higher levels of employee performance.
You’ll learn how to:
- Reshape manager and employee communications with frequent, forward-looking dialogue that emphasizes growth and insight rather than evaluation.
- Create a performance management framework that aligns with your organization’s needs, values and business objectives—you can choose from a variety of tested techniques and models.
- Replace the “busy work” stigma commonly associated with performance management and re-brand it as a strategic initiative that adds real value.
- Build the case for moving beyond evaluations and ratings, including proven strategies for swaying key skeptics to shift their thinking.
- Replace single category ratings with a "discovery" process to calibrate and communicate about employee performance effectiveness with the Employee Performance Continuum, a model used to assess Results and Behaviors.
- Make pay decisions without using ratings.
Participants will each receive a 50-page planning workbook with practical resources and tools they can take back to their organization and share with decision-makers.
Jamie Resker, Practice Leader and Founder of Employee Performance Solutions
Jamie helps organizations evolve and modernize their PM systems to develop new frameworks and learn more effective and meaningful feedback processes and tools. Going beyond a redesign of legacy practices, Jamie has dedicated half of her three-decades-long HR career to re-framing performance management to be more forward-focused and empowering. Jamie is the originator of the Performance Continuum Feedback Method® and The 10-Minute Conversation, two frameworks proven to drive performance.
$699 Per Participant | $499 for NEHRA Members
8:30am – Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
9:00am – Program Begins
12:00pm – Lunch (provided)
5:00pm - Program Adjourns
This program has been approved for 7.25 General Credit Hours.