How to Reboot Performance Management
Modernizing Traditional Performance Management Practices
When: Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 9am - 3pm EST
Where: The Survey Group
One Van de Graaff Drive
Burlington, MA 01803 USA
Deadline to Register: 04/20/2018
Cost: $345.00 - Members, $375.00 - Non-Members
Are you exploring alternatives to the command and control approach of rating and documenting past performance, but need some guidance? In this session you will learn how to measure performance and make pay decisions without ratings. Reshape employee and manager communications to drive and align performance expectations with forward-looking dialogue. Sway your change resistors and skeptics by anticipating and skillfully addressing the most common objections to moving away from annual reviews.
- Reframe the "performance management problem" by socializing ideas that nearly everyone in your organization can agree upon.
- Replace annual review ratings with metrics that will drive and track employee performance, inform equitable pay decisions, promotions, and other employment decisions.
- Avoid the pitfalls of swapping annual reviews and ratings by implementing the new "frequent conversation" model.
- Set your managers and employees up for success with a collaborative system for ongoing and actionable feedback and coaching.
- Examples of how to re-brand performance management.
Customizable Tools and Tactics for Reinventing Performance Management
The Largest HR Association in the Northeast
When: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 8am - 5pm EST
Where: Environmental Health and Engineering
117 4th Avenue
Needham Heights, Massachusetts 02494
The workplace has changed to be more collaborative, social and fast moving. So, shouldn't your performance management (PM) process change too? Organizations from global giants to start-ups are reimagining PM and testing new ideas.
Find out how to make a fundamental shift to streamline your system by reducing complex low-value activities, and adopting practices that lead to continuous performance management with measurable results.
This hands-on workshop is for HR professionals looking for proven strategies and change- management skills to socialize alternatives to traditional performance management, involve change sponsor, and influence change resistors.
This is an ideal session for intact human resources and leadership teams working to reinvent performance management.
Learning Objectives -This program will show you how to:
1. Tactfully challenge outdated beliefs and practices.
2. Sway skeptics with proven tools and easy-to-duplicate and adapt strategies.
3. Satisfactorily answer the four most common change objections.
4. Reshape and strengthen manager and employee communications with more frequent forward-looking dialogue [versus reviewing past performance].
5. Continue tracking, measuring performance, and making pay decisions (without ratings).
6. Phase out the annual performance review, or keep (but modernize) the annual process.
7. Examine how HR's role in performance management is changing and evolving for the better.
Participants will each receive a 60-page planning workbook—tangible, practical resources, sample communications, and tools they can take back to their organization and share with decision-makers and peers.
Practice Leader and Founder of Employee Performance Solutions
Jamie helps organizations evolve and modernize their performance management systems to develop customized compensation and talent assessments and learn more useful and meaningful feedback processes and tools. Jamie has dedicated half of her three-decades-long HR career to reframing performance management to be more forward-focused and empowering, an approach reshaping perceptions and yielding more immediate results in organizations around the U.S. Jamie is the originator of the Performance Continuum Feedback Method® and The 10-Minute Conversation, two frameworks proven to drive performance. She holds a BA in Business from Emmanuel College, is on the faculty for the Northeast Human Resources Association, is a contributor to Halogen Software's Talent Space Blog, and is an editorial advisory board member for HR Examiner. Learn more at http://www.employeeperformancesolutions.com/
7:30am – Registration, Networking & Continental Breakfast
8:00am – Program Begins
12:00pm - 1:00pm – Lunch (provided)
5:00pm - Program Adjourns
This program has been approved for 8 General Credit Hours.
NEHRA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information, visit the SHRM certification website at www.shrmcertification.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.