Strategies for Phasing Out Performance Appraisals HR Workshop
Date: Thursday, May 4, 2017
Time: 8:30am - 5pm
Location: Framingham, MA
The workplace has changed to be more collaborative, social and fast moving. It's time for performance management to change too. By now, we know that our past efforts to redesign standard elements such as forms, ratings, competencies is no longer the answer.
This session get you thinking about a fresh approach that works smarter and insures performance alignment conversations happen between managers and employees. An approach that delivers on the promise of improving employee performance.
This hands-on workshop is designed for HR professionals looking for proven strategies to influence change in their organizations and tools they can use to effect a PM system that enables higher levels of employee performance.
You’ll learn how to:
- Reshape manager and employee communications with frequent, forward-looking dialogue that emphasizes growth rather than evaluation.
- Create a performance management framework that aligns with your organization’s needs, values and business objectives—you can choose from a variety of tested techniques and models.
- Replace the “busy work” stigma commonly associated with performance management and rebrand it as a strategic initiaitve that adds real value.
- Build the case for moving beyond evaluations and ratings, including proven strategies for swaying key skeptics to shift their thinking.
- Measure and differentiate performance without ratings.